Senior Blockchain Protocol Engineer
Spearhead the development of easily adoptable and modular blockchain L1 & L2 infrastructure
What Is Your Role?
Our small Polygon-SDK team is looking for an experienced, intellectually curious individual to join their ranks.
You should be driven by a constant itch to understand how things work under the hood.
You will be leading the efforts of the team implementing a framework for building blockchain networks, which includes writing code for consensus, networking and runtime layers, researching different blockchain implementations, Ethereum Improvement Proposals (EIPs).
You will also be a bastion of engineering excellence, sharing knowledge and expertise with other team members, providing guidance through code review processes, and facilitating productive research, brainstorming and discussions.
THESE WILL BE SOME OF YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Significant experience writing Golang with the good understanding of the standard library, concurrency primitives, tooling and best practices
- Good understanding of best practices in software development
- Test-driven development experience
- Computer science fundamentals:
- Distributed systems (DHT, log replication, consensus protocols, P2P networking)
- Codecs (streaming, compression algorithms)
- Compilers (assembly languages, virtual machines)
- General Blockchain knowledge (Ethereum fundamentals, EVM runtime)
- Interest in topics such as Proof-of-Stake, consensus algorithms, decentralization, public-key cryptography, etc.
IT'S A PLUS IF YOU HAVE:
- Understanding of different blockchain scaling solutions and their pros and cons
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Contribution to open-source projects
- Good technical documentation writing skills