Blockchain Protocol Engineer
Take place in developing easily-adoptable and modular blockchain L1 & L2 infrastructure
What Is Your Role?
Our small Polygon Edge team is looking for a talented, intellectually curious individual to join their ranks.
You should be driven by a constant itch to understand how things work under the hood.
You will be a part of the team implementing a framework for building blockchain networks, which includes writing code for consensus, networking, and runtime layers, researching different blockchain implementations, Ethereum Improvement Proposals (EIPs), and sharing your findings with the team.Apply Now
THESE WILL BE SOME OF YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Significant experience writing Golang with the good understanding of the standard library, concurrency primitives, tooling and best practices
- Good understanding of best practices in software development
- Test-driven development experience
- Computer science fundamentals:
- Distributed systems (DHT, log replication, consensus protocols, P2P networking)
- Codecs (streaming, compression algorithms)
- Compilers (assembly languages, virtual machines)
- General Blockchain knowledge (Ethereum fundamentals, EVM runtime)
- Interest in topics such as Proof-of-Stake, consensus algorithms, decentralization, public-key cryptography, etc.
IT'S A PLUS IF YOU HAVE:
- Understanding of different blockchain scaling solutions and their pros and cons
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Contribution to open-source projects
- Good technical documentation writing skills