Blockchain Protocol Engineer
Take place in developing easily-adoptable and modular blockchain L1 & L2 infrastructure.
What Is Your Role?
Our small Trapesys team is looking for a Blockchain Protocol Engineer who has a deep understanding of computer science, with the benefit of having experience in the design of distributed systems, blockchain technology and protocol-level blockchain development (cosmos-sdk, go-ethereum, custom node implementations). You will have the opportunity to expand your existing expertise and knowledge of blockchain protocols.
Your main focus will be the Polygon Edge, an open-source blockchain client built for teams who want to create their own configurable and performant EVM compatible blockchain networks. Edge allows for the creation of both secured chains (Layer-2 blockchains) and standalone EVM sidechains.
Polygon Edge is an integral part of Polygon’s offering of scaling solutions with the mission to become the gateway and the standard for building the multi-chain future. Polygon Edge is envisioned to be the only blockchain client from the Polygon offering, and the base layer for other Polygon solutions, namely Zero Knowledge Rollups.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- Your responsibilities will include:
• Concise, clear and tested pull requests
• Open and clear communication with the open-source community
• Participating in code-reviews
• Conducting research
• Writing specification and research documents and assessing others'
• Participating in the onboarding process
• Rapid prototyping and benchmarking of different implementations
• Structured and deliberate approach to solving problems
• Autonomously proposing and specifying changes and improvements to current processes and systems
• Keeping track of the latest blockchain technical trends and continuous learning
WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU BRING:
- As a requirement:
• Your timezone is within 3h of the Central European Time (CET) zone. (CET+-3)
• You have a good understanding of, implementation experience, and the capacity to learn novel algorithms and data structures
• You have experience working with distributed/replicated systems or large microservice architectures
• You have the technical knowledge and engineering experience to be able to participate in any high-level discussion of technical solutions with the engineering team
• Expertise in multiple strongly typed, highly performant, concurrency/parallelism supported programming languages
• You are not a stranger to researching Computer Science papers and articles
• You have a good understanding of digital cryptography
- As a plus:
• A deep understanding of blockchain technology
• Implementation, research, or experience in the usage of Zero Knowledge Proofs
• A broad knowledge or user experience of web3 technologies, including Enterprise blockchain usage, smart-contract protocols, L1 solutions
• Expertise in Go programming language
• Expertise in Solidity programming language